[Mesorah] Hallel - infallible mss?

Dov Bloom dovbbb at gmail.com
Mon May 5 13:00:27 PDT 2014

Breuer shows in his book (that  DB the elder referenced earlier in this
discussion ) that the Leningrad codex has numerous orthographic differences
from the Massoretic norm.
Its punctuation and teamim of L though is shown in the same book to be very
good.
I myself  have spotted  cases where the text of Leningrad and the Massora
of Leningrad conflict!!

In the keter  you dont find bad orthography and you dont find the massora
and text in conflict. Breuer finds 2 cases in Navi, none in Torah where the
keter text is inaccurate.
( Realize that the massora of the keter is more sparse than that of
Leningrad. And parts of the keter are missing)

So - Leningrad must be taken as only 1 witness on spelling ( maleh
vehaser). Its vowels and teamim are a good support.

The keter is as close to infallible as we have. Probably as close as
humanly possible.

Have a joyous Yom Haatzmaut.
DB the younger