[Mesorah] Goy Gadol? or Gadol Atzum?

R Davidovich raphaeldavidovich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 14:06:04 PDT 2014

While sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and trop might not have the kind
of meaning we imagine it should have, I would recommend a sefer by an old
acquaintance of mine at Ner Israel, Naftali Gettinger, a real illui and
major Talmid Chacham, on hundreds of examples of how trop is seen to
influence, or be influenced by, Halacha and hashkafa.  It's called
"Vayavinu BaMikra".  It is a must-own for those who care about this list.

RD