[Mesorah] Goy Gadol? or Gadol Atzum? Also VeAnita veAmarta

Michael Poppers michaelpoppers at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 11:31:53 PDT 2014

Thanks, RDBloom (or, as RDBannett might say, "RDB the younger") -- good
point re "rav v'atzum"!  I await someone quibbling with it not being
exactly the same as "atzum varav."

RDBtY also brings up a good point re "v'anisa v'amarta" (hereafter "AvA"),
but there's a history of discussion in Avodah, if not Mesorah, re the
implications for *nusach hat'fila*.  IIRC, that discussion was relatively
heated (a *machloqes l'sheim Shamayim* :)) re the *pisuq* in these two
locations:
-- the stanza prior to the pre-Shma threefold-"Qadosh"; and
-- the phrase prior to "H' Yimloch" in Ma'ariv.
I don't want to place words into R'Micha's mouth, but I recall that he and
I were on opposite sides of the discussion then (and I took the "keep
AvAtogether" side ;-)).

Gut Voch/Shavu'a Tov and all the best from
*Michael Poppers* * Elizabeth, NJ, USA