[Mesorah] uncertain list division

Dov Bloom dovbbb at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 05:32:41 PDT 2014

There _is_  a standard list division protocol. From reading RSM' s post one
probably comes away with the opposite impression, tho.
The standard is :
List of 3- 2:1
List of 4 - 2:2
List of 5 - 3 (2:1) : 2
Extrapolate further. ( 6 3:3) (7 4:3)
RSM is correct in hinting that actual list may vary from the standard
protocol  -- because of  closeness of usage in word pairs, or word
triplets; occurances of vav hahibur in lists; length of various members of
the list etc.

Word pair example which trumps the protocol -- see my as yet blocked post
on " gadol atzum varav " earlier in this thread which in a nutshell
explains that atzum varav is a common pair apearing numerous times in
tanach so they go together. Ending up with "gadol (mafsik) atzum varav"
which is 1:2 and not the standard 2:1 which you would get according to the
above protocol.