[Mesorah] Yaaleh ViYavo

D&E-H Bannett dbnet at zahav.net.il
Sun Mar 31 07:41:08 PDT 2013

The explanation I remember for the omission of melekh is
that we have just mentioned malkhut bet David in the
preceding paragraph and mentioning malkhut Hashem just after
would put them both on the same level.  I also remember
having seen siddurim where the word mekekh is added on Rosh
Hashana. R' Amram Gaon has the word melekh in birkat hamazon
but R' Sa'adia Gaon and other siddurei ha-geonim omit our
last line ki El ...  completely so have no problem of adding
or omitting any particular word in a non existing line.

David