[Mesorah] Hofmeister Siddur and Manuscripts

Richard rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 10:54:33 PDT 2013

R Mandell you seem convinced that if I knew what you knew that I'd agree with you.

Perhaps so

I am fairly convinced that if you knew what I knew, that you would not be so certain of your conclusions as being so absolute, that there are gray areas and other factors at work, perhaps inclduing suspicion that the Mss. had errors to begin with.

EG if Konam is in the Bavli and Koneihem is in medeival mss. Then maybe Baer is correct to say that konam is older and more authentic based upon that and his citation of the Rambam and Machzor Roma.

There is no evidence that in every single case Baer follows only dikduk, and perhaps we should not follow only [a subset] of mss.?