[Mesorah] Hofmeister Siddur and Manuscripts

Mandel, Seth mandels at ou.org
Fri Jun 21 10:08:09 PDT 2013

on many issues, but not on qonam.  Baer claims generally to have consulted mss., but on issues of grammar he does not quote the manuscripts.  Does he have tushbachos everywhere, rather than tishbochos?  All the mss. do.  Does he have "kno'omokh yehudah v'yisroel" like all mss?  He views these as grammatical changes, and so there is no need to follow the mss.

Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel
Rabbinic Coordinator
The Orthodox Union
11 Broadway, New York, NY  10004