[Mesorah] R'tzon Konam vs. Koneihem

Richard rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 18:41:13 PDT 2013

I just consulted Baer's Avodas Yisrael [p. 78 in the weekday shacharis.]

Konam: Kein Tikkein Vayetar Yitzchok also in Siddurei S'pharadim*  also Roma and it is correct.

"Koneihem" CvS sounds like 2 r'shuyos** despite its occasional use EG in Midrash Rabbah

But our T'fillah should choose clarity...and so it is in Birkas Halvanah both old and new editions,* in Bavli Sanhedrin and in the Rambam, leaving us no doubt.

* Koneihem is found in Siddur Avodat Hashem

**  this was my concern, too.