[Mesorah] L'Sakkein Olam

D&E-H Bannett dbnet at zahav.net.il
Sat Jul 6 13:06:06 PDT 2013

R' Seth:  After you caught me on my not looking for l'taken
'olam in musaf of Rosh Hashana, I did check and can verify
that it is with a kaf. But that makes it even more
surprising that R' Sa'adia has a kuf in tikkanta shabbat.
Perhaps, R' Sa'adia was not aware that you had posted that
all ancient sources have a kaf.

Oops, I did it again, wrote before getting my mind in gear.
You wrote that all old Ashkenazi sources have a kaf.  From
this I learn that R' Sa'dia was not an Ashkenazi.  But wait,
on Shabbat he was not an Ashkenazi but on R"H he was?  Was
he a mixed breed.

Etma'ha!

This momentary renewal of our old "back and forth 2 cents
added" postings gave me great joy.   I'm probably getting a
bit too old to keep it up but, if the opportunity arises. I
hope to be able to manage it at least for a while.