[Mesorah] S. Baer on Shelo Assani Nochri

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Mar 19 12:20:08 PDT 2012

On 19/03/2012 2:58 PM, R. Rich Wolpoe wrote:
> Another alternative to Rosh's newly coined B'rachah is to recite no
> b'rachah at all, EG as many do for washing for davar shetibbulo b'mashqin.

That's different; we don't make a bracha because it's a machlokes
whether we have to wash in the first place.  But in this case we
definitely have a chiyuv to wash, but we're not using a natla, so how
can we say "al netilas".

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion