[Mesorah] Davening: Pesach vs. Hag Hammatzos

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:05:28 PDT 2012

«I assume you mean "What motivated the Gra to choose a nusach other than
the Eastern European norm of 'moshav yaqaro'?"»

Close
How about

What motivated GRA - and others! - to change the nusach which AFAIK is common to Teiman, Eidot Mizrach, West Ashkenaz, East Ashkenaz, etc.

Aslo - Is RYDS giving the oiriginal motivation for the change or darshening a good justification post facto?

EG I would l'chatchilah not have changed shelo assani Goy to Nochri. But post facto I do like that change, v'ein qahn m'qomo.

Also
Let's say she'assani Yisroel/Y'huddi is 100% a valid alternative.  What motivates EG the "left" too change shelo assani Goy?
Shalom and Regards, RRW