[Mesorah] Re "Aleinu" nusach (was "RE: Davening: Pesach vs. Hag Hammatzos")

Poppers, Michael MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Fri Mar 16 07:27:35 PDT 2012

R'Micha wrote:

> I had a similar experience many years ago with Aleinu and Nusach haGra's (and RYBS) "vekhisei khevodo" rather than "umashav yaqaro". The Gra's nusach might even be older Ashkenaz than what the other Litvaks say -- the Tur says it's Nusach Roma. I've since seen it as a "N"A" (nusach acheir) in a Machon Moreshet Ashkenaz project. <

Minhag FFdM compromised (who says Yekkes aren't flexible?) -- the nusach during Musaf (i.e. on RhSh and YhK) is "v'chisei chvodo" and is "umoshav y'qaro" at all other times.  (Similarly, it's "hu elokeinu ein acheir" during Musaf [at least, during chazaras haSHaTZ] and "hu elokeinu ein od" at all other times.)

A gut'n Shabbos/Shabbas Shalom and all the best from Michael