[Mesorah] Davening: Pesach vs. Hag Hammatzos

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Mar 16 07:12:58 PDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 01:36:46PM +0000, kennethgmiller at juno.com wrote:
: Regarding my comment about boheh *b'rachamav*, Rabbi Seth Mandel wrote:
:> To the best of my knowledge, the GRA made no changes without having
:> a earlier textual source. There were many nuschaos that I have seen
:> prior to the GRA that had bone yerushalayim; this was not just a change
:> because he disagreed, but a choice of one nusach among the variants.

: I didn't know that. Thanks.

I had a similar experience many years ago with Aleinu and Nusach haGra's
(and RYBS) "vekhisei khevodo" rather than "umashav yaqaro". The Gra's
nusach might even be older Ashkenaz than what the other Litvaks say --
the Tur says it's Nusach Roma. I've since seen it as a "N"A" (nusach
acheir) in a Machon Moreshet Ashkenaz project.

:-)BBii!