[Mesorah] Davening: Pesach vs. Hag Hammatzos

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 10:07:50 PDT 2012

The reason we teach 1st graders is that "Chag Hamatzos" refers to our
obeying HQBH and eating matzos. Therefore, He calls the holiday by what
we do "for Him". We, however, call the holiday by what He did for us --
"pasach al batei BY".

I don't know the maqor, I just recall having to learn it for school,
and seeing it on my kids' worksheets. Probably every child was taught
that one.

Our use of "Chag haMatzos", what we did for Hashem, would therefore say
something about tefillah, but I'm not sure what.

Tir'u baTov!
-Micha»

Yes this is a cute D'rash

I'm quite skeptical that this concept would get involved in the mechanics of L'shon Tanach vs. Lashon Hazzal WRT davening.

Shalom and Regards, RRW