[Mesorah] New Shtick

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 05:44:54 PST 2012

«
Well, when "he" changes the diqduq because he assumes Tefillah was written
to conform to what he finds in Tanakh when instead it conforms to the
diqduq of Anshei Keneses haGedolah, Chazal and the Geonim, then yes, he
erred.»

So what do we explain the perpetuation of that error for about 300 years?  and if EG R Z Hanau made such changes, how did HeidenheimN Baer, Birnbaum all follow suit? And how about removing the u from uleila? That was done to conform to Targum.

So again are we back to
I'm right
You're questionable
He erred?

Meaning - is any change that one disagrees with  an "error"?

And who says making tefillah conform to Tanach is any more an error than making EG Ashk'naz conform to Arizal? Which conform is more correct?

Many consider Hassidic Nusach S'fard an error.  The GRA - agreeing with Yekkes - sees Mizmor Shir, Kappitel 30, and error, too.

R Hofmeister aimed to roll back 3 reforms
Dikduk
Kabbalah
Censors.

And a friend in the Heights just told me that given a few hundred years already, just leave it alone.

So when is change good and when is it bad?

Shalom and Regards, RRW