[Mesorah] FW: Psalm 145, Zecher vs. Zeicher

Mandel, Seth mandels at ou.org
Fri Feb 24 06:42:22 PST 2012

This is certainly favoritism: modern Israeli, Litivish, N. Africa, and Teimani.  What about a yekke?  What about a S'faradi from Holland, whose pronunciation is very different than the others?
I have always wondered why R. Velvel only repeated Q'Shm in Litvish and S'faradi, and not in other dialects.  However, he repeated the words so many times to make sure he had got them right, if he added another dialect it probably would have taken him until morning to finish davening 'Arvis.

Rabbi Seth Mandel