[Mesorah] FW: Psalm 145, Zecher vs. Zeicher

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Feb 23 13:50:24 PST 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:04:16PM +0200, D&E-H Bannett wrote:
>> I hear these people proclaiming loudly "yisgaddel v'yisqaddesh," but
>> saying "khir'useh."

> If you were listening carefully, you'd have noticed that they also
> proclaim loudly v'yit-halal.

They're saying "yisgadeil veyisqadeish" in order to be clear they are
citing Yechezqel, removing all doubt that they are speaking Hebrew and
not Aramaic. ("Yisgadal veyisqadash" is valid in either language.) Why
would they change the diqduq on "veyis-halal" -- it's *supposed* to
remain in Aramaic?

Okay, that was generous of me. Te people who make a point of saying the
words louder than the rest of Qaddish are more likely saying "yisgadeil
veyisqadeish" in order to be clear that they are among the "intelligensia"
who remember their MB, and not the hoi paloi who don't know more than
to read the siddur in front of them.

Micha Berger             The thought of happiness that comes from outside
micha at aishdas.org        the person, brings him sadness. But realizing
http://www.aishdas.org   the value of one's will and the freedom brought
Fax: (270) 514-1507      by uplifting its, brings great joy. - R' Kook