[Mesorah] FW: Psalm 145, Zecher vs. Zeicher

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:22:36 PST 2012

I don't know where and when you had your youth but it
definitely existed in my youth and I was taught to read
double in parashat Zakhor - not the entire sentence but the. phrase "timcheh et zeikher Amalek".

David »

FWIW
One of the  shuls in W Hartford where I grew up did not make a big deal.  When I attended Ner Israel for Zachor 1967 they did make a big deal, and I'm guessing that might have been the case in many yeshivos for many years prior.

Shalom and Regards, RRW