[Mesorah] FW: Psalm 145, Zecher vs. Zeicher

Nehemiah Klein kleinnd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:09:20 PST 2012

I believe the main problem is that there is little interest in mesorah
and minhagim today.  The fact that any ten people get together and
form a minyan in some corner is more accepted leads to that - what
happened to the shul with the old tradition?  It is gone.
Furthermore, to bring up another subject, whoever heard of
non-Chassidim making separate minyanim for different chiyuvim, it was
always done on a rotation basis and nobody thought he was being
disrespectful to his parents when during his year of aveilus he let a
yahrzeit go first or even another year of aveilus person.  This also
all stems from gravitating away from the community shuls.

There therefore is no "minhag of the shul."  One of the shuls near me
has about 5 minyanim for Shacharis - in the minyan where the Rav
davens they say the entire slichos on Erev Rosh Hashana and Aseres
Yemei Tshuva while in the other minyanim they follow what has become
known as "minhag haYeshivos" and have a list of what they skip.  Why
do all the minyanim not follow the minhag of the shul?