[Mesorah] FW: Psalm 145, Zecher vs. Zeicher

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:56:44 PST 2012

«and Rabbi Yosef Dov Soloveitchik (the recent one) did, in fact,
repeat the word, if not the pasuk.

--
Michael Hamm»

Aiui RYDS did repeat the passuk

AND

He took this as a personal hanhaggah not as a general p'sak

In fact I once heard that RYDS only imposed his personal "hanhaggah" on 3 issues, and the only one I remember is to duchen when YT falls on Shabbos.

My issue is not with the GRA, RYDS or R Chaim Brisker, rather for me it's about the indiscriminate dissemination of their practices.

If a k'hillah wishes to establish itself as Minhag RYDS tavo aleihem b'rachah.

Shalom and Regards, RRW