[Mesorah] FW: Psalm 145, Zecher vs. Zeicher

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 06:46:56 PST 2012

I hear these people proclaiming loudly “yisgaddel v’yisqaddesh,” but saying “khir‘useh.”  »

Apparently the GRA has a source for this in one of Rashi's works, I forget if it was Sefer Haprdeis or Siddur Rashi.  That said, AFAICT it had no m'sorah.

The issue I have is now in shul we have a mixed multitude some using tzeirei and most using patach.  I'd prefer consistency.

R Chait in Far Rockaway seems to follow Minhag/Nusach HaGRA consistently.  He has my blessings.  But other shuls have this eclectic hodge podge.

The most sensible change imho would be to say Morid hattal during the summer. It has little or no downside afaict. More later BE"H

GS
Shalom and Regards, RRW