[Mesorah] FW: Looking for Common Denominators

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 06:53:23 PST 2012

 The only one I have seen that it comments on is goshem/geshem, which became a bête noir in the recent generations.

Rabbi Seth Mandel»

Baer does not even comment on Goshem.

If you see artscroll on l'eila [u]l'eila you can see what happened

Maharil had it with the vov
The grammarians citing the Targum, say l'eila l'eila is grammatically correct. See Birnbaum, too. Birnbaum following RWH and Baer bought grammatical corrections

Artscroll was more cautious and did what I did above
Namely l'eila [u]l'eila

Bottom line, I'm quite confident that nearly every grammatical correction was seen as a restoration and not as a revision.

More later BE"H
Shalom and Regards, RRW