[Mesorah] She'ata / Sha'ata

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Feb 19 17:26:29 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 01:17:19AM +0000, kennethgmiller at juno.com wrote:
: From this perspective, my preference is to daven the way the rav tells
: me, and not the way the linguist says. No matter how correct and sincere
: the linguist might be, it is the rav who is to perform the shikul hadaas
: of deciding whether this factor is more or less important than that
: factor, and so on.

I don't think it's the rav vs the linguist. It's the rav who doesn't
know history vs the academic who can tell you the Maharil didn't daven
that way.

Micha Berger             When one truly looks at everyone's good side,
micha at aishdas.org        others come to love him very naturally, and
http://www.aishdas.org   he does not need even a speck of flattery.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Rabbi AY Kook