[Mesorah] pasuk that is n ot a pasuk

Gershon Dubin gershon.dubin at juno.com
Wed May 25 07:17:21 PDT 2011

I believe it is Rav Yaakov Kamenecki who says that this "pasuk" is treated as a pasuk because it represents what the Jews should have said at Yam Suf.  There is a midrash that when they said Hashem Yimloch LeOlom Vaed there was a kitrug in that they placed His malchus in the future.   Had they said Hashem Melech the Malchus Shamayim would have been brought about immediately.  Thus, we combine the 3 tenses into this pasuk.  I believe he also notes that this is the intent of the Targum who changes the future tense to an ongoing present "ka'em"

Gershon
gershon.dubin at juno.com

SHOCKING: 52&#34 LCD TVs for $60.34
TODAY: Auction site sells 52&#34 LCD TVs for up to 98% off retail price.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4ddd0fb8f28ba385acst04vuc