[Mesorah] Dam - Damim

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sat Jul 9 19:32:15 PDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 10:26:31PM -0400, Gershon Rothstein wrote:
> I noticed that the thief who enters a /machteres/ has no /damim/ (p'
> Mishpatim) while the accidental killer who leaves the /ir miklat/ has no
> /dam (p' Maasei). Any ideas what the difference is?

I think that this answer is more likely to lay in Avodah territory
than Mesorah. IOW, I think it is more about derashah / aggadita than
diqduq.

Gut Voch!

Micha Berger             "The most prevalent illness of our generation is
micha at aishdas.org        excessive anxiety....  Emunah decreases anxiety:
http://www.aishdas.org   'The Almighty is my source of salvation;  I will
Fax: (270) 514-1507      trust and not be afraid.'" (Isa 12) -Shalhevesya