[Mesorah] Ein mafsikin b'massa'os

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 06:10:20 PDT 2011

In a message dated 8/2/2011 7:42:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
areivim at sba2.com writes:

BTW the  DY also writes: "raui lehavin mi nasan shemos lemekomos
halalu...midbar  tziyeh ushemama, velo avar bo ish  me'olom..."

SBA

..

This gets off Mesorah material, but I am sure that there were many
travelers in the desert, caravans that passed through, and they named the places
where they could rest, probably oases and wadis that had water in the
winter.  The Sinai is not all endless sand like the Sahara.   There are many
desert plants and animals there, and Bedouins, and in the  Middle Ages, several
monasteries.  An interesting short article about  the Sinai:
_http://www.sharksbay.com/new/english/TheSinaiDesert.html_
(http://www.sharksbay.com/new/english/TheSinaiDesert.html)

"The Sinai desert is the natural land bridge between Africa and Asia and,
with its unique dramatic landscape and the fascinating culture of the
Bedouins,  is one of the most impressive areas of the world"

--Toby
--Toby Katz