[Mesorah] Mishtaleiach

Michael Poppers MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Wed Jan 27 09:12:40 PST 2010

> Is my not going for it perhaps a sign that
you were right in your "Hazakein" title? <
I leave to you any interpretation of your hashgachah p'ratis, but if I was
so impudent as to choose an adjectival description appropriate to symptoms
of "middle age," "haZaqein" would not have been the chosen word.

> Hazakein??  The only one who can call me that is the
other DB.  An MP is in a different category. <
As best as I recall, even RDB the Younger only labeled himself, never
others.  I merely wished to bestow kavod upon one deserving of it.

> I have no Roedelheimer Tefilla, as the Yekkes call it,
except for in the back of my 1817 Roedelheim "me'iti"chumash
and 1850 or so "me'et" machzor where I am quite certain that
it was ha-shelucha. <
B'li neder, I'll check any old prints I may have.

> I am horrified to discover that some Yekke who re-printed the heiligge
Roedelheim editions had
the nerve to change a word!  Would Basel do that? <
Basel, lo; Goldschmidt, lamah lo? :)

> I suspect that the place to look for R' Seligmann's comments
is in Ata Yatzarta in Shabbat rosh chodesh. <
Well, I was checking that area of the siddur this morning.  B'li neder,
I'll check more carefully as soon as I can.  Thanks!

All the best from
--Michael Poppers via RIM pager