[Mesorah] malei de malei rule?

Yitzchak M. Gottlieb zuki at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Jan 8 10:08:22 PST 2010

On Jan 8, 2010, at 10:44 AM, Michael Poppers wrote:

> In Gn 41:26, "hatovos" twice is chaseir-chaseir; in Dt 6:10,
> "v'tovos" (as well as "g'dolos") is chaseir-chaseir.  My Miqraos
> G'dolos's M'sorah for the former pair says "hatovos: daled (i.e.
> four instances), beis chaseir d'chaseir bliy' (twice chaseir-
> chaseir; what is "bliy'"?);

As I recall, bliy' (בלי') stands for b'lishna (בלישנא).  I
believe that it refers to the particular construct where there are
other similar constructs. (On the other hand, it sometimes refers to
the חומש [Humash]).

Zuki

--
Yitzchak M. Gottlieb