[Mesorah] another grammar question

Danny Levy danestlev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:36:15 PDT 2010

It is not poor dikduk - see D'varim 14:1. R' Michael is correct - it is an
indefinite article and means the same as l'meis.

As I understand it, just as vav hachibur can take a kamatz when the word is
mil'eil and accented with a ta'am mafsik (see for example B'reshit 8:22), a
prefix lamed can do the same, although such forms are rare.  Other examples
include zeh lozeh and tzav lotzov kav lokov (Yeshaya 28:10).

Danny Levy