[Mesorah] nasog achor

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Oct 16 12:17:38 PDT 2008

T613K at aol.com wrote:
> zev at sero.name writes:
>     T613K at aol.com wrote:

>>> I don't know dikduk but I do know that it is almost impossible to say
>>> "haVU GOdel" without a distinct pause between the two words

>> And your problem with that is?

> Doesn't the trop put the two words together?  Is there really supposed
> to be a pause between them?

The trop puts "velimadtem otam" together too.  I hope you pause between
them.  A pause is appropriate between *any* two words.  That's what being
separate words means.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.