[Mesorah] Chataf Patach

Michael Poppers MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Tue Nov 25 17:24:15 PST 2008

Thanks, RDB!

> would you think that the kamatz is katan <
I was comparing it to words like "l'ga-aleich" of Rus 3 and "bachari" of Y'chezqeil 20 (where the underlying infinitive's second root-letter is a guttural), and in general, I thought that the qamatz ahead of a chataf-qamatz is treated at least by Ashk'nazim as a qamatz-qaton.  All moot in this case if no one holds that the ches is graced w/ a chataf-qamatz (I apparently misheard RYR).  Thanks.

All the best from
--Michael Poppers via RIM pager