[Mesorah] "m*ei*shiv haruach"

SBA areivim at sba2.com
Sat Jul 19 19:50:53 PDT 2008

From: mesorah-bounces at lists.aishdas.org
On Behalf Of Michael Poppers

The singer of the first song in this week's INN haMitz'ad haChassidi show
mms://media.a7.org/a7radio/shows/mitzad.mp3
 -- you can start hearing its lyrics by skipping to approximately 2:00, ..
saying "m*ei*shiv haruach umorid hageshem" rather than "m*a*shiv haruach."
 I'm assuming that "meishiv" (with a tzeireh) is used in certain nuschaos
(perhaps eidos haMizrach and s'farad/chassidish?)

I think you are giving far too much chashivus to stam ameratzus...

If you do a quick survey - you'll find - as I did - that many/most people
simply don't  know the meaning of 'mashiv haruach'.

I have not found a single source or nusach for 'meishiv'.

SBA