[Mesorah] Lashon Tanach vs. Lashon Hazal

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 19:55:21 PDT 2007

On 9/20/07, Danny Levy <danestlev at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems that you don't even need a siddur publisher in order to get a
> change accepted.  I am at a loss to understand how "kadovor he'omoor
> b'shirei uzecho" has gradually become accepted in recent years instead of
> "kadovor ho'omoor".  It is against the rules of dikduk and therefore wrong,
> and I have not seen a siddur that I can blame for it.
>
> Danny Levy

I may have missed this over the last few days
but the switch to HE'Amur fomr Ho'Omur  is simple. Listen to Carlebach's
recording of Mimkomecha and he BELTS IT OUT the way A-ROD smashes a
Home-run.   undoubtedly it has made an impression on me [althoguh it also
grates a bit on me, too because of this blatatn mis-pronunciation]
--
Gmar Tov
Best Wishes for 5768,