[Mesorah] FW: Re: Lashon Tanach vs. Lashon Hazal

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Mon Sep 24 17:06:32 PDT 2007

R' Richard Wolpoe wrote:
> Tangentially, for many years I have maintained that the
> silence of POskei Hador on an issue of Halcha/Mminhag
> is tantamount to acquiesecne.

In at least one case, it goes beyond silence and acquiesence, and reaches the level of endorsement.

Anyone learning Orach Chaim 208 with nosei kelim will find a number of disputes among them regarding the exact text of Al Hamichya. Along comes Mishna Brura 208:50 and Shaar Hatziyun 208:50, who paskened from among them by ... (drum roll please) ... looking in his siddurim!

Akiva Miller