[Mesorah] Fwd: Lashon Tanach vs. Lashon Hazal

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Wed Sep 19 08:49:44 PDT 2007

R' David Bannett wrote:
> Rinat Yisrael and others have changed hagashem back to
> hageshem ... [because] It is preceded and followed by others
> in a long list of different attributes of HKBH. ... BTW,
> those who corrected back to hageshem do not usually correct
> back to hatal with patach instead of the pausal kamatz.

[begin pet peeve]
Those who corrected back to hageshem also fail to change the period to a comma. If "mechalkel chayim b'chesed" has a comma after it, then "umorid hageshem" should also have a comma after it. If there would indeed be a comma, I think we'd find more people inflecting it properly.
[end pet peeve]

Akiva Miller