[Mesorah] Lashaon Tanach vs. Lashon Hazal

Seth Mandel sethm37 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 09:54:29 PDT 2007

the longer brokhos are clearly using HaZal references.
HaNosen LaYo'ef Koach is not a brokho composed by HaZaL.
I was referring to the birkhos hamitzvos, which are a non-T'NaKh innovation.
  Longer brokhos are not; they are specifically quoted in Shmuel and Divre
HaYomim.
A useful check is looking in the mss. and seeing where the loshon of -okh
rather than -akho is used.  Later grammarians changed it, but in most of the
t'fillo, except for Biblical references, -okh is used.