[Mesorah] RH a chag?

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:51:47 PDT 2007

On 10/11/07, Ira L. Jacobson <laser at ieee.org> wrote:

>  *At 17:36 10-10-07 -0400, Richard Wolpoe stated the following:
>

> **
> *
>
> Caveat. Motzo'ei YK is considered a YT in Yekke-land.
>
> *
> Assur bemelakha?  Qiddush?  If not, how do we recognize this yomtov?*

Note: 15th of Av is is a Yom Tov as per Mishnah in Ta'anis - Lo hayu Yamim
Tovim Beyisrael...
RRW.

That the Eve of 11th Tishre is Yom Tov is implicit taht the kohein gadol
made a Yom Tov when exiting unharmed. I presume he exited when the day was
over and that the Yom Tov was observed that evening after YK -as per my
post...

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com