[Mesorah] Fwd: PDF of the Ba'al Tefillah disk review

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Oct 3 12:04:42 PDT 2007

-------------------------- Original Message --------------------------
Subject: [Fwd: PDF of the Ba'al Tefillah disk review]
From:    "Sherwood Goffin" <chaz at lss.org>
Date:    Wed, October 3, 2007 1:44 pm
To:      ...

Dear Family,
    I am attaching the review of my new mp3 program for computers and
iPod that appeared in the Jerusalem Post last week. It is a great way
for anyone to learn how to daven the tefillot of Shabbat properly. It is
a joint project with Davka Software/Israel, myself as project director
at the Belz School of Jewish Music at Yeshiva Univ. where I teach, and
is based on the curriculum of the Belz School.
 I only simplified certain phrases that I felt were too difficult for
novices. It may take away a little of the fun for those of you who have
davening experience, but the melodies and the very attractive melodic
line of this davening make it worthwhile for everyone. It is available
at your local Hebrew Book Store, or through Davka Software of Chicago -
the largest Jewish software company in the world.
    Just thought you would want to know.