[Mesorah] "Vayigva Yitzchok vayomos vayeosef el amov"

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Mon Nov 26 03:41:55 PST 2007

If have no sources, but "vayeosef el amov" always sounded to me like it refers to something *after* death, perhaps relating to the funeral and/or burial. The first two, I dunno...

Akiva Miller

-- "SBA" <areivim at sba2.com> wrote:
Parshas Vayishlach - 35:29 "Vayigva Yitzchok vayomos vayeosef el amov" (Similarly in Chayei Sarah (25:8) "Vayigva vayomos Avrohom beseiva tova...vayeosef el amov".What actually do these 3 separate words for death indicate?
SBA