[Mesorah] D'Hashem

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Jul 10 14:51:11 PDT 2007

On Tue, July 10, 2007 3:54 pm, D&E-H Bannett wrote:
: I think I shouldn't have written that di means shel. The
: usual meaning is closer to asher.  Shel is also some
: combination like asher l...

Looking at the evolution of the word in Tanakh (assuming a frum dating
of the sefarim!) we find asher evolves into the prefix "sha-" (in
Shofetim) to "she-" (first found written by Shelomo).

So "shel" could very well be "she-" + "li-" and thus "asher" + "li-".

Along similar lines (meaning I noticed it during the same daydream)
"oso" = "es" + "-o" as just one example.

Tir'u baTov!
-mi

--
Micha Berger             Spirituality is like a bird: if you tighten
micha at aishdas.org        your grip on it, it chokes; slacken your grip,