[Mesorah] e: VaYechal Moshe - Zakef or Revia (Devarin 32:45)

D&E-H Bannett dbnet at zahav.net.il
Wed Oct 18 14:11:33 PDT 2006

Re<R' Dov Bloom's posting on Zakef vs. R'via' (Devarim
32:45).>>

I just looked at Heidenheim who states that the 1488
printing has a zakef while all the other printings and
manuscripts have a r'via'.  He doesn't say a word about why
he picked the minority version.

As you said, Koren usually follows Heidenheim. This explains
Koren.  I have no idea why Simanim joined them.  I don't
think very much of Simanim.  But, then, you've already often
heard my ranting against those who make up or follow
so-called rules and change the Torah to fit their rules.

k't,

from the elder DB