[Mesorah] HQBH

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Nov 23 07:43:22 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 09:45:04AM -0500, MPoppers at kayescholer.com wrote:
: We pray that they be heard in Tziyon when hQbh is meichin "mizbeiach
: chadash."

Shouldn't that be "hQbH", if you're not treating it as an idiom, a
multiword reference to G-d?

But the question I wanted to share with the chevrah: When you say
Qaddish from the amud, do you say "shemei deQudshah-Berikh-Hu", with QBH
strung together, the way we usually say "haQadosh Barukh Hu", i.e. as
an idiom? Or, do you say "shemei deQudshah, berikh Hu", in line with
the Ashkenazi minhag of responding with the two last words?

I assume no one who is interested enough in lashon haqodesh to be on
this list pauses for the purpose of saying "berikh Hu" /with/ the qahal.

Tir'u baTov!
-mi

--
Micha Berger             Here is the test to find whether your mission
micha at aishdas.org        on Earth is finished: