[Mesorah] 3 on Tefila

MPoppers at kayescholer.com MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Thu Nov 23 06:45:04 PST 2006

RGD asked:
> 1. What is sholom rav;  my thought was that sholom either is or isn't and
is not quantifiable.  If it is, how much is "rav"? <
See Targum on T'hilim 119:165.

> 2. We mention in tefilas musaf on Rosh Chodesh, "shirei Dovid avdecha".
Why only on Rosh Chodesh do we mention the shirei Dovid? <
We mention them every day in "Baruch sheOmar."

> 3. If we assume that shirei Dovid are the shir shel yom, how are they
"nishma'im be'irecha-they should be only amurim lifnei mizbechecha? <
We pray that they be heard in Tziyon when hQbh is meichin "mizbeiach
chadash."

Chodesh Tov, Shabbas Shalom, and all the best from
--Michael Poppers via RIM pager