[Mesorah] Relayed from RYZ

Gershon Dubin gershon.dubin at juno.com
Thu Nov 23 20:43:27 PST 2006

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 16:56:37 -0500 yzkd at aol.com writes:
I guess it is a Mokom SheOmru L'Ha'rich :-)

1) Sholom has levels as is understood from the Rashi on L'Sholom Ein Ketz
there could be Sholom with neighboring countries while not with distant
ones (just as in Eimoh vFachad near and far).  There can also be a level
of Sholom that leaves the possibility of a Cherev Shel Sholom passing
which still frightens.  There could be a Sholom where "Vhaya Licha Lmas
vAvoducha" and there can be "Padah Bsholom" that "Brabim Hayou Imodee"
that even Anshei Avsholom where Mispaleil for Dovid Hamelechs victory.
etc.

2) As we don't know what the Shir of Rosh Chodesh was it is hard to say
(if it was Borchi Nafshi as we say then we can see the Chashivus of it)
however we do see Lhalacha that the Shir of Rosh Chodesh is Doche the one
from Shabbos (Hil Tmidin uMusofin 6:10) so there is reason why to
emphasize this on Rosh Chodesh.

3) I see no problem with the Kefel HaLoshon of Nishmo'im Birecha and
Amurim Lifnei Mizbichecha, the Beis HaMikdash was in Yerushalayim, and it
is even Possible to say that the Shir was "heard" in Yerushalyim outside
of the Mikdash in addition to the hearing of the Chatzotziros.

Kol Tuv,
Yitzchok Zirkind

>From a second email:

I just found in the Siddur Beis Yaakov from R' Yaakov Memdin that
uVshirei Dovid is not found in any other Tfilas Hayachid only on Rosh
Chodesh because "Zmanoi Hu Simonoi Dovid Melech Yisroel Chai vKayom.