[Mesorah] Articulation Question

D&E-H Bannett dbnet at zahav.net.il
Fri Dec 22 01:39:07 PST 2006

Re:  <<Near the end of David's post (3rd paragraph from the
end), there is a
statement that Breuer does not have a meteg.  In my copy
(4th printing,
5754) there is a meteg under the yud in yachla in Bereishit
34:7>>

Who me?  Why would I say that?  So, I did.  In the last
paragraph  also stated that I write without thinking first.
Thanks for the correction.  Breuer has the meteg and
Cohen-Keter does not.  Breuer, knowingly, does not follow
the Keter 100% and has some metagim that are not in the
Keter.  Cohen is convinced that his reconstruction of the
missing parts is following the Keter correctly.  He omits
the meteg.

Sorry for the error.  But I'm thrilled that somebody read my
posting so carefully that he noticed.  So maybe I'm not so
sorry about the error.

David