[Mesorah] question re 4-30:9

MPoppers at kayescholer.com MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Wed Aug 30 14:25:14 PDT 2006

RDAB replied:
> MPoppers wrote "I think it was better being on "v'im" than on "b'yom,"
because that way "b'yom" is more strongly connected to the
"shmo-a'...osahh" phrase.

I think MPoppers is absolutely correct.... <
Thank you, R'Dov.

> MPoppers comment that "A few of the p'suqim in this parashah are
emphasized by the use of the zarqa and segol" is out of place, though. The
Segol usually appears in psukim that have a large "first half" (tzela
rishona) before the etnach and it is hard to claim that the segol and its
MISHNE Zarka - that only comes in a pasuk with Segol, are there for
"emphasis". <
In defense of my point, consider the subtopics in the parashah, as well as
where a ba'al q'riyah stops when leining its three aliyos at Minchah of
Shabbos P'Pin'chas.

All the best from
Michael Poppers * Elizabeth, NJ, USA