[Avodah] Bikurim -- halakhah lemaaseh

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Sep 23 07:09:23 PDT 2024

BH the bank, my wife, and I now own a home in Israel that has fruit trees
in the yard -- apple, madnarin, and pomelo. We hope to add pomegranates
and mangos. (And someday maybe the Jewish Agency will approve our aliyah
and we can reach this home. Our planned aliyah date was over a month ago.)

Nechemiah 10:36 talks about "uvikurei kol peri kol eitz". On which Rashi
says something that was a chiddush to me: Bikurim of all fruit of the
tree is midivrei chakhamim.

While bikurim of the 7 minim is deOraisa, this idea that there is bikurim
derbaanan on all fruit was a chiddush to me.

Do "we hold like" this Rashi?

Then I had the second question... When does bikurim begin, if we do get
to plant that pomegranate tree? Is there bikurim on orlah? Neta revai?

Does anyone know of a sefer halakhah lemaaseh that I can refer to? (It's
not like my LOR in NJ felt prepared to field questions of bikurim.)

Micha Berger                 Here is the test to find whether your mission
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   on Earth is finished:
Author: Widen Your Tent      if you're alive, it isn't.
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF                      - Richard Bach