[Avodah] Chok

Michael Poppers michaelpoppers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 18:23:56 PDT 2024

R'Micha:
> how is shaatnez, a lav rather than a ritual, categorized as a choq? <
As I understand RMLeibtag, because the prohibition against a mixture of
species is an unchanging edict.
> ribbis doesn't also have many fixed and unchanging aspects? <
As I understand RMLeibtag, understanding whether some activity/agreement
constitutes *ribbis* involves human judgement, so it would not be
considered a *choq*.

Since quoting a salient paragraph from RMFirst's article apparently didn't
help explain RMLeibtag's approach to at least R'Micha, perhaps an article
RMLeibtag wrote might help -- please see URL https://outorah.org/p/37639/.
Thanks.

A gut'n Shabbes/Shabbas Shalom!
and all the best from