[Avodah] kol nidre

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Mar 14 14:10:45 PDT 2024

On Wed, Mar 06, 2024 at 08:31:56AM +0200, Joel Rich via Avodah wrote:
> I wonder how many practices that seem at odds with what the pure would
> demand are due to amcha insisting on them. A delicate dance between the
> people and the gedolim?

The answer would also depend on the gadol. A gadol who doesn't place much
weight in mimeticism, eg the Gra, would find many more examples. In contrast
to the AhS, whose chiddushim are nearly always, if not always, finding ways
to justify a community's accepted practice in the meqoros. Even if it takes
a diyuq or new peshat in a maqor no one had made in print until now.