[Avodah] rabbinic workarounds/loopholes:

Joel Rich joelirarich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 20:47:15 PDT 2024

Comment on rabbinic workarounds/loopholes:
I’ve often thought of the process as a three-part algorithm involving how
much is at risk, what is the cost and how does it fit into our overarching
sense of purpose? Of course, this won’t stop the cynics because they will
question who gets to decide.
I also wonder whether we might look at this from the elephant and rider
analogy which is another way of saying what I think the Rav said in his
response in “Community, Covenant, and Conversation” concerning the drafting
of rabbinical students as chaplains (you know the answer then you construct
the case). Comments?
Bsorot Tovot
Joel Rich